Make a small batch of chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies with this simple recipe that requires no eggs, no flour, no refined sugar. It's a guilt-free treat packed with protein and healthy fats! So don't need to hide these from the kids.
Kids or no kids, we all have a soft spot for chocolate chip cookies. They give us a sense of comfort and happiness. But let's admit, cookies are at their best when they are fresh out of the oven. They aren't the same experience when they been stored in the pantry for days. Making a small batch gives you that pleasing satisfaction when we take a soft bite out of that sweet chocolaty cookie, which slowly melts in your mouth as you chew. This small batch of chocolate chip cookies will give you just 8 to 10 cookies without having to use unhealthy ingredients.
These cookies are very easy to make and they are super healthy. This simple recipe is a modified version of Megan Gilmore's recipe, Detoxinista. If you’re looking for more incredible recipes with all-natural ingredients, check out her website!
Why We Love These Small Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Making a small batch of chocolate chip cookies makes for only 8 to 10 freshly baked cookies without having to save extras for days.
- With almond flour and coconut oil being its primary ingredients, these cookies are paleo, gluten-free, and vegan.
- They are also loaded with protein, healthy fats, and fiber; so there’s zero guilt in snacking on these babies. Just one cookie is enough keep you full until your next meal.
- The best part about these small batch chocolate chip cookies is that there is no need for any electronics or kitchen appliances. You can mix the dry and wet ingredients together with a silicon spatula.
- Also, the dough is freezable! You can shape the dough into small discs and freeze them in an air-tight container to save for later.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Almond Flour - Blanched almond flour (almonds with the skin removed).
- Coconut Oil - You can substitute for melted vegan butter of your choice.
- Maple Syrup - Coconut Nectar, coconut sugar or brown sugar will work as a sweetener too.
- Chocolate Chips - Check label to make sure the chocolate is dairy-free. To be safe, 100% dark chocolate chunks are inherently vegan.
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 - In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda and salt.
Step 2 - In a separate, whisk together all the wet ingredients; coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Step 3 - Incorporate dry mixture into wet ingredients and keep folding, using a silicone spatula, till it forms into a dough.
Step 4 - Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 5 - Using a cookie dough scoop or small ice-cream scoop, scoop out about 3 table spoons of dough and arrange it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can flatten them into small discs, if you prefer, because they won't spread on their own in the oven.
Step 6 - Bake 8-10 cookies at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool down before diving in.
Quality details are in the recipe card.
Is the cookie dough edible?
Oh yea! This vegan cookie dough is completely safe to eat raw unlike regular cookie dough. Traditional cookie dough usually has raw eggs or all-purpose flour; which can contain bacteria. But these vegan chocolate chip cookies have no egg and they are completely flourless.
How to freeze this cookie dough?
You can make several batches and freeze them for later use. Simply freeze small disc like shapes in an air-tight container. Place a piece of parchment paper as a divider if you are stalking them; to avoid them from sticking together. Pop them out of the refrigerator 2 hours before baking. If you like them extra crispy, then you bake them straight from the freezer.
More Vegan and Gluten-free Sweet Recipes
- Best Tropical Mango Smoothie with Frozen Fruit (Vegan)
- Vegan Strawberry Protein Shake
- Vegan Coconut Peach Ice Cream
- Easy Sweet Carrot Pie Filling Recipe (No Bake)
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan and Gluten-free)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients except for the vegan chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the baking tray lined with a baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes
- Place on a cooling rack and resist all temptation until the cookies are cool enough to eat! Enjoy!